|Agriculture and food are strategic assets for governments and a major component of political clout in the international arena.
The leaders of great powers, such as the United States, have always positioned agriculture among their strategic priorities, and the former president Lula da Silva’s ambition to turn Brazil into “the world’s farm” was first and foremost based on geopolitical considerations.
Yet agriculture and food are also priority economic sectors for employment, progress and regional development in countries ranging from China to the United States.
And let’s not forget the place of agriculture and food in the environment, cultural heritage and public health.
Confronted to such issues, challenges and requirements, agriculture is sometimes no longer fully recognized and valued.
That is why some stakeholders in European and Canadian agriculture drew upon their expertise and rallied around a bold challenge: Launching a rating Agency dedicated to agriculture and food.
The goal of this agency includes:
• Fostering a new impetus in the evaluation of risks, markets and agricultural policies at the global level;
• Providing innovative solutions to influence decision-making and public opinion.
Such agency will thus address the strategic issues, political challenges and economic requirements of the 21st century in agriculture and food:
- Integrating the scope of agriculture
within a global vision,
- Assessing the threats confronting
agriculture and food,
- Alerting decision-makers to market
- Evaluating the effectiveness and
compatibility of agricultural strategies,
- Recommending pertinent regulation and
- Helping improve decision-making and
- Identifying the risks in agricultural
- Improving the quality of information,
- Taking stock of the economic situation
of agricultural markets.
How? Thanks to entirely new tools based on the latest research, and which avoid obsolete economic ideologies by way of new indicators and models that stimulate and renew the decision-makers’ reasoning.
The Momagri model, the indicators SGPAA (Global Support to Agricultural and Food Production) and ISA (Food Solvability Indicator) are the first accomplishments of our team of agricultural engineers, economists and geopolitical experts.
This agency complies with the principles of transparency in terms of procedures that meet the required relevant criteria, especially since the financial crisis of 2008/2009.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE MOMAGRI AGENCY
• Design and monitoring of indicators:
Designing evaluation and monitoring indicators to validate complex facts through duly selected variables.
• Development of economic models:
Using the Momagri model know-how, creating economic projection models to better understand the possible changes in agricultural variables, and the many economic interactions that link them.
• Consulting and audit:
Conducting consulting missions to establish an audit on the abilities and challenges, and/or identifying structural improvement measures in issues of economic agricultural policies and market positioning.
• Evaluations, ratings and due diligence:
Conducting due diligence missions for clients regarding specific issues, and carrying-out audit and rating missions to assess clients’ or markets’ current situation, its short-term likely evolution and improvements to be emphasized.
• Databases and publications:
- Providing formatted and calibrated information and statistical data regarding several countries and/or agricultural markets, going back to 1990;
- Delivering detailed reports on strategic issues––on sectors, countries or themes––based on pertinent assessment indicators.
• Training, interventions, information monitoring:
- Guiding stakeholders regarding specific issues and/or providing specialized proficiency and knowledge on the use of decision-making tools designed by the Momagri Agency;
- Carrying-out interventions in specialized seminars or conferences (possibility of remunerations for paid conferences);
- Undertaking information monitoring missions on specific issues on behalf of clients.
The products and services available from the Momagri Agency are intended for sovereign states, corporations, international organizations, foundations, associations and NGOs, as well as financial institutions and asset managers.